Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Okay, I'm back...!

"Sorry 'bout that, Chief!"

I'm almost done with the next installment ("THAT" bus ride) but have been away from the blog for longer than usual... Work got crazy, then a little crazier, and then I got sick, and then there was that lovely dusting of soft white powdery... no, whoops, it was heavy, wet, thick snow that brought half a tree down across the front of my house and cut off power to the folks' house for 2-1/2 days. I never lost power but had no cable or Internet connection for 3 days, so even when all I could do was blog... I couldn't!

In any case, I'm declaring an end to that particular pity party (more cruddy weather is due this week, o joy) and am getting back to the blog.

I have also made a decision concerning my concerns over privacy. I'm still going to be careful, but I think I've gone a tad overboard... My name isn't "B", it's Brian.  (Pleased ta meetcha!)  I'm also getting tired of my own writing confusing me, so instead of just "A" my sister will henceforth be known as "AJ" ...so maybe now having multiple occurrences of the first letter of the alphabet in close proximity to each other can stop and my text be a little more clearly read.  Also, since we're now on a first-name basis, I'll be signing each of my posts in classic Chinese style, with my personal "chop" (hand-carved at an art gallery during our time in Guilin).

In closing, here's a quick current-day update... A little over a week ago, the Pipsqueak "graduated" from her Little Gym class to the next level.; I don't have many photos but got lots of video, I'll figure out if/how to post some later on. It was amazing (and cuuuuuute!) to see this little person chasing balls & bubbles, doing forward rolls, somersaulting on parallel bars, and generally running effortlessly across the pads & cushions on the floor... it was just a couple of months back that she was walking like a drunken Frankenstein!  What's next -- an Olympic gymnastics medal?  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment