Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Milestones...

Just a short post tonight... it's actually "morning" and I need to get some sleep... (I apologize for not posting much lately, work's been crazier than usual and the earliest I've gotten home lately is about 1:20am.)

Milestone: The 20th was the Pipsqueak's 2nd birthday, and we spent some good old-fashioned family time. I couldn't take the evening off but AJ laid claim to some of her vacation time and kept Miri home with her all day. We all got together for lunch (Chinese takeout, of course!) at our folks' and as usual my niece kept us all thoroughly entertained.  I think she enjoyed the card her Jiu Jiu delivered on behalf of the Birthday Panda ("it's a very long swim..."), and I know she enjoyed her mommy's wonton soup...  It's amazing to think that a year ago she was still one of a group of orphans living in the Luchuan County Social Welfare Institute, and that we knew her only as an image in four small photographs.

Milestone: The Pipsqueak had a doctor's appointment this week... and only cried a little, and seemed to think the doctor might actually just be another person. (This may not sound like much, but it's a major change for the better).

Milestone: We can finally turn the baby seats around! Despite still being a little Pipsqueak, Miri's finally reached the point where she'll be able to ride facing forward. Just in time, too; she was quickly running out of legroom, especially in Grandma & Grandpa's car.

Okay, lots more to say and talk about, but I need to get some sleep because Saturday is the Pipsqueak's first birthday party! (Talk about milestones...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment