Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Very Precious Milestone

Just a quick post while I'm kvelling...

We'd all gotten together at our folks' for dinner Sunday evening, and AJ & I left at the same time.

Once we'd cleared up a glitch with the goodnights -- the Pipsqueak has ordained that we have to go in a certain order, and we all have to be there, or all the universe will be twisted awry -- it was my turn. Miri puckered up for a quick kiss (she's only been doing that for a couple of weeks), then consented to give me a quick hug and then, before I said anything, she gave me a quick smile and...

...the Pipsqueak said "I love you!"

Miri's been (intermittently) telling me, "I like you" or saying, "I like [today's version of my name]" for a couple of months, but this is the first time I've heard her say "I love you."

My niece said she loves me!

Now that is what I call a good way to start off the new year!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment