Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Few Quick Pix

I don't post a lot of photos here in the blog for several reasons -- mainly because AJ and I both feel it is an important safety issue for the Pipsqueak to not be quite so easily recognizable to strangers. Yes, I do enjoy seeing all the incredibly cute photos most other bloggers post, but AJ is the Pipsqueak's mommy and her rules is The Rules. We also (unfortunately) know various individuals who've had some very negative experiences due to their kids' photos being easily seen online.

However... I also really enjoy sharing the cuteness of my niece with any-and-everyone so I'm always looking for a way to share it here in the blogosphere. (My co-workers long ago learned to not ask too much about what Miri's been up to lately -- I often take my laptop to work with me, and last time I counted there were about 40 gigabytes of Pipsqueak pix & vids on its internal drive that I will gladly share no matter how much of a rush the incautious inquirer may be in.) Late last week I was trying to organize the last few months' worth of images (not all of my niece and family, just mostly so) when I realized there are some photos that show some of the cuteness without actually divulging anyone's identity... (Dude, I think you just found a loophole...!)

So, without further ado (and to fulfill several requests I've gotten from visitors to the blog), here are a few photos... You can't see her face, but I assure you that IS the Pipsqueak you're looking at...!


December 2011: The Pipsqueak decided to spread her "zoo" out on Grandma's freshly-washed kitchen floor -- she'd run into the family room, grab an animal, run into the kitchen, deposit it just so in the desired spot, then go zooming back for the next one until finally joining them on the floor for a "nap" that lasted about 15 seconds.



February 2012: The Pipsqueak was very excited when I said she could drive my car. It took me about 10 minutes of careful bargaining to get her out from behind the wheel so AJ could take her home...!



March 2012: Budding artist at work! (The recognizable smiley faces are actually the product of other family members; the Pipsqueak's currently a loyal adherent of the "back and forth scribble" school of art).



April 2012: Back in China (and for several months afterward), the Pipsqueak seemed determined to rearrange Mommy's face. Nowadays she just likes to rearrange Mommy's 'do... often with equally "comfortable" results for Mommy...!




I know it's not much... but at least I found a way to share!   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment