Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Simple Joys

Aah, to be young again...  To immerse oneself in, and be completely entertained by, the simplest of pleasures...

Playing with water in the sink while Mommy patiently waits for you to finish (after carefully substituting a plastic bowl for the glass cup you were playing with)...

Tumbling and jumping and acting silly on Mommy's bed with all your stuffed animals to help...

Showing Grandpa you know how to make funny beeping noises with a tablet and stylus (thus reminding all adults in the room they are actually obsolete, since you knew immediately how to use the tablet & stylus while they all had to learn)...

Or simply having fun with Mommy and Cousin E, building towers of blocks taller than yourself and then laughingly knocking them down only to build them up (and knock them down again) over and over...!

Aah, to be young again...!

No comments:

Post a Comment