Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Just A Quick "Cute" Post....

I didn't realize how many days had gone by since my last post... it's amazing how busy I've gotten lately. Here's a quick bit of cuteness from last weekend to help make up for the gap...

AJ and I did our usual Sunday matinee dinner theater "thing" last weekend, and the Pipsqueak spent a few hours with her Grandma & Grandpa. (We met at their house because Miri somehow accepts "Mommy and Uncle Brian have to go to work together for a while" better that way.) We enjoyed the show "(Legally Blonde - The Musical) and returned to our folks' house hoping the Pipsqueak was in a good mood & hadn't run them too ragged.

I opened the door and my niece came zooming into the foyer from the family room in her tee and a pull-up, literally bouncing up & down with excitement. Our exchange went something like this:


     Zoooom (in)

      boing boing boing
      Uncle Brian!
      boing boing
      Mommy!
      boing boing boing
      I'm drawing something!
      boing boing boing

      Zoooom (out)

When we followed the sonic boom into the family room, we found the Pipsqueak happily scribbling on a big piece of paper with a set of colored markers her Grandma had found for her. She proceeded to give each of us one marker to hold after ensuring it matched the colors we were wearing; I was in black jeans & a gray shirt, so when I picked the blue marker the Pipsqueak told me, "No, you should have this one!" and gave me the black marker, handing my chosen blue to her Grandpa in his blue jeans.

I dunno... I just thought it was all pretty cute. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment