Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Off-Topic (Again)...!

Did you ever feel like you were being... watched?

When I got to work Tuesday afternoon, I stopped in to visit AJ in her office as usual and found her conversing with one of our unit managers. At one point the UM asked, "Are you going to take a picture of your face?" and when I became obviously confused, she simply pointed to where AJ had hung her jacket on the back of the office door.

These photos have not been manipulated in any way (aside from being reduced in size from almost 5MB each); AJ's jacket was not arranged, manipulated, or molded in any way; and there is nothing behind the jacket except the hook it's hanging from.

This was my first shot, from across the room.

He seemed to squint when I used the flash up close...

...and just looked annoyed when I shot with only natural light.
I've decided to call him "Mister Jacket" and am waiting to see if he returns as Halloween approaches. (Did I mention that the filename of all three photos begins with "P1060" but that the 1st one ends with "666"?!?)

Oh, yeah -- there really is a Pipsqueak-oriented post in the works (with lots of photos!), but after seeing this at work on Tuesday afternoon, I just had to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment