Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

In Which I Throw Myself Upon the Mercy of the Jury

Oops.

Three weekends in a row, we attended a Chinese New Year event with the Pipsqueak. I picked her up at daycare a couple of times, with lots of conversation in the car on the way to Grandma & Grandpa's. I remembered to write down a couple of cute new Pipsqueakisms. I read an excellent fiction-but-very-realistic book about a young girl adopted from China. There was other stuff, too.

But did I post here?

Nope.

Aside from my "Little Schoolmarm" post, I've typed nary a word about any of it. So...

I'M SORRY!

I don't even have the excuse of technical difficulties -- my laptop's been healthy, my home broadband connection's been healthy, the semi-public WiFi at work's been healthy, even the Blogger app on my iPhone's been healthy.

I have begun putting together a post that will cover a whole bunch of the aforementioned stuff... I just need a few more hours of sleep so I can think clearly again. (Been a bit more sleep-deprived than usual; Monday mornings Big Deal was making a mid-March appointment for cataract surgery. First time I'll be under the knife since losing my tonsils fifty-ump years ago... so no, I'm not sleeping as well as I should. Definitely my mother's son.)

I will do one little itty bitty bit of catching up, wishing everyone a (horribly belated) happy, healthy & prosperous Year of the Snake!


(Yes, I know that's a dragon and not a snake.  AJ wanted me to make her a new year's banner for decoration and said she wanted a Chinese dragon and not any other animal. I'm rather proud of the final product.)

Xin Nian Kuai Le  and Gong Xi Fa Cai to one and all!


No comments:

Post a Comment