Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Coming Attractions

I'm going to keep this post really short because I should've been asleep hours ago (as usual <sigh>).

Just some coming attractions:

"Catching Up" Department - I'm working on drafts for the annual talent show at Miri's school at the end of March and a damp but fun Easter egg hunt with MIT friends in early April. We closed out that month with Miri & Co. performing at both a local school's International Night and on the Rockville Town Square public stage for the MCCPTA Performing Arts Festival... all due for postings here.  (May & June events to follow, of course!)

"Current Events" Department - We made our usual pilgrimage to UMCP for the Independence Day fireworks; celebrated Dad's 87th, Miri's Gotcha Day, and Mom's 83rd; had the annual Long Island clan visit; and other milestones & events I'll post about.

"Adoption Issues" Department - Just when you thought it was history, the political idiocy surrounding U.S. adoptions from Russia is in the news again, along with a case of race-based adoption denial in the UK that led to a couple adopting from the USA. Of course I have a few thoughts on those subjects (and maybe a few others as well)...!

Aside from establishing a "Random Thoughts" department, that pretty much covers what I'm roughing out, prepping photos for, etc. for the blog.

See y'all soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment