Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Monday, March 5, 2018

When Mommy Tells You to Clean Up Your Mess...

...but you'd rather keep watching TV:


(My return text was, "Well, it _is_ more organized...!")

Hi again, everybody.  Sorry for the long silence; life got a little complicated and I got a LOT tired, but at least now I can tell the dust is settling (instead of, f'rinstance, moving sideways) so I'll be back to posting "for real" in a jiffy.  I just thought y'all might enjoy this quick glimpse into daily life with the Pipsqueak.

Another insight into life with the Pipsqueak: Today is my 59th birthday (YIKES!) and we had planned to get together for a family dinner & cake... but today is also my 4th day in a row with low-grade temp, earache, stuffed sinuses, swollen lymph nodes, and other fun stuff so I cancelled.  Mom's comment was that Miri would be upset and I should call her to let her know I'm really OK (the symptoms actually sound worse than I feel)... or that maybe she'd call me.  Sure enough, not long after getting home -- and before she ate dinner* -- the Pipsqueak called to tell me how sorry she was that I wasn't feeling well but that she hoped I had a happy birthday anyway, and that we'd all celebrate it together as soon as I was feeling well again. (All ending with the usual rapid-fire, "OkayIloveyouI'mgoingtoputyouonMommynowBye!)

Yeah, I'm a little fond of the kid.  <smile>


In any case, I'll see y'all again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment