Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Argh.

I'm not going to call this a "real post" so much as a placeholder...  I just wanted to explain the ongoing silence.

For the past 6-7 weeks, my Verizon service has been going MIA at random times for periods of anything from a few minutes to 30+ hours; the new WiFi router I requested was delivered today, so hopefully that will take care of part of the problem. (Don't get me started on some of the total FiOS outages I've had to deal with, which are definitely not related to my in-house WiFi router.)

The battery on my laptop has begun to slowly go bad... to the point where the laptop is bulging in the middle.  (Insert horrified face emoji here.)  I'm pushing to scrape up repair/replacement funds, but in the meantime it occasionally decides to simply not boot up or pretend I'm not touching the keyboard.

The deadline for my course is fast approaching, and I'm trying to spend as much time pushing to complete it as I can.

And finally, earlier this month Dad turned 89 and Mom turned 85, and as you might imagine there have been a few medical adventures this year. (So far so good, but a "quick doctor appointment" can kill most of a day.)

I actually have some photos ready to post, along with several drafts in various states of completion, so there will be more "real" posts coming soon... I just need y'all to hang in for a little longer.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment