Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Present Day: Crazed but (Slowly) Catching Up...

Just a quick note to apologize for the gap between actual postings -- someone turned the "insane" dial at work up to 11 a couple of weeks back and broke the knob off, and it's all been coming home to roost (so to speak).

Incidentally, the Pipsqueak's back to her old self (now it's Grandma & Uncle B who are having tummy trouble)... the whole family had dinner together tonight and she was her usual fun, teasing, laughing self. One new thing she's learned is that you can ask for a hug -- and she'll usually give you one in response! (This of course, doesn't thrill me in the least; I only asked for 7 or 8 -- but I got one every time!) She's also getting better at hide-and-seek, at saying "thank you," and at noticing when the cat has left the room. She also gets waaay excited at "The Wheels on the Bus" but actually grabs for the TV remote when "The Muffin Man" song comes on (I kinda agree with her).

Anyway, the weather's also been weird... the latest was the combined sleet & freezing rain we had just a couple of days after the temps reached 70! The flowers had already begun blooming, so while you're waiting for me to finish my entry about our visit to the Reed Flute Cave near Guilin, here's a quick shot of how the combination of simultaneous spring & winter looked:


Okay, back to blogging properly... Zai jian!

No comments:

Post a Comment