Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This Looks Interesting!

Sorry, another "non-post" posting... At least this one's not going to be "stream of unconsciousness" typed while half-asleep, or extremely surprised at experiencing my first tremblor in decades...!

There's a new film being shown at the Montreal World Film Festival that should be of at least some interest to adoptive families, more interest to families involved in international adoption, and extreme interest to those involved with adoptions from China. It's called The Invisible Red Thread, and even though it's not yet available for viewing in the U.S. it's supposed to be available in a few months.

You can see more about it at http://theinvisibleredthread-themovie.com/about-the-movie/. I'm looking forward to it... it seems to be made with a POV a bit different from most adoption films.

No comments:

Post a Comment