Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

"Please Help Me"

Ouch.

That's all I can say.

The Pipsqueak's been a bit under the weather this week... as in, fever temps in the vicinity of 104 degrees Fahrenheit under the weather, or Mommy stayed home from work for 2 days this week under the weather. She's also had some tummy troubles, and a few other less than lovely symptoms. Even her personality changed; she was ultra-clingy (only with Mommy -- no one else would fill the bill) and had almost completely stopped her usual singing to herself & laughing.

(For those of you easily depressed by stories of cute little girls being sick, you'll be pleased to know that as of today the Pipsqueak's doing a whole lot better & is pretty much back to being her usual happy self.)

Unfortunately, AJ absotively posilutely had to be at a training session mid-week, so Grandma & Grandpa took care of Miri for the day. Today Mom told me that at one point, the Pipsqueak stopped in the middle of the room, held her tummy and said "Help me please" to her.

Mom's best description was "heartbreaking" and I had to agree. What do you tell a 2-year-old who's not feeling well and asking you to make it all better?

I think this whole Uncle thing has a few twists I wasn't quite prepared for.

Ouch.


No comments:

Post a Comment