Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Celestial Dandruff (October 29th)

I'm still trying to compose the 2nd half of the post about the Pipsqueak in Ocean City, but figured I might be able to get away with a fast out-of-synch bit o'filler.  These are a few of the photos I took (through a securely closed window in a toasty-warm house!) on October 29th. I can't remember ever having snow come down this early, but at least we got lucky -- 'round these parts, the clouds began to break up just as the white stuff actually began to stick.




Brings to mind the old saying, "climate is what we want; weather is what we get." It doesn't take much prompting for me to call this "weather," through and through!

Oh, well... looks like it's gonna be an interestin' winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment