Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ahh... Children...

So I'm on the phone with AJ the other day, and part of the conversation goes something like this:

Me: No, I can get my groceries later, do you want me to come over now [to install child locks on the bathroom cabinet] instead?

AJ: No, no, that's okay, get your groceries and then I can <BANG!> Miri, what was that?

Miri (in background): Nothing!

AJ: Are you sure you're okay? You don't want to break that before I have a chance to hang it up!

Mir (closer to phone)i: It just fell a little bit.

AJ: I hope the coat rack I bought for her room lasts long enough to me to hang it up....

Miri (even closer to phone): I want to talk to Grandma!

AJ: It's not Grandma on the phone. I'm talking to Uncle Brian.

Miri (next to phone): I want to talk to Uncle Brian! (AJ hands the phone to her daughter.) Hi, Uncle Brian!  <babble babble babble> I got to hang up now so I can put my jacket away!

Me: Please don't hang up, Honey, give the phone back to Mommy. I love you, 'bye...

Miri: Bye!

AJ: Okay, so just give me a call when- <THUD!> I'd better go before she destroys the kitchen..



Aahhh... children. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment