Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Monday, November 19, 2012

Crazy Time Again

Hi, all.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. It's not for lack of material; I've got quite a backlog of stories & photos to post. The problem has been that someone, somewhere, sometime recently turned life's "Weirdness" knob back up to 11. As in, 911 calls... unplanned hospital visits... long-distance doctor visits... triple-digit mileage on the car in a single day... unplanned emergency vet visits...

As in, more insanely sleep-deprived than I've been in a very, very long time.

The bottom line is that, at least for the moment, all of us are OK but (with the possible exception of the Pipsqueak -- who sometimes sounds like Alannah Miles due to allergy congestion) utterly, completely, exhausted.

I'll post some "good stuff" soon, I promise.

At least as soon as I get some sleep... (Sleep? What is this "sleep" thing you speak of? I know not the word!) (Shaddup, willya?)

<yawn>

No comments:

Post a Comment