Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

ARGH!

I'll keep this short...

Since my last post, the family's had a series of adventures & misadventures (e.g., Dad very unexpectedly spent 3 nights in the hospital) and all kinds of other "stuff" has been going on, capped by Comcast "going away" for about 2-1/2 days for no apparent reason just as all the dust seemed to be settling. I have a few things to catch y'all up on but right now it's about 3:15 in the morning (I suddenly popped wide awake a while ago & decided to catch up on all the email & blogs that piled up) so I'll just say "it's not my fault this time!" and let it go at that.

<sigh> <yawn>

A "shanah tovah" to one and all, and here's hoping everyone is healthy, happy, and well-rested!

No comments:

Post a Comment