Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Friday, October 16, 2015

Bleagh

Remember back in my September 29th post where I said I was sick as a dog?

Well, I started feeling better... And then started feeling worse. And worse still

I finally broke down and called my doctor early on Thursday, only to be told he was really busy, but a nurse practitioner could see me... tomorrow afternoon.

I went to my usual Plan B (the nearest Righttime clinic) and came home with a diagnosis of...

Pneumonia.  Freakin' PNA, fer cryin' out loud.

I also came home with four different prescriptions with a pill or puff count and schedule so involved, I've had to create a checklist to make sure I take the right thing at the right time.

So if you'll excuse me, I may miss a few more days before my next post. Hopefully I'll see y'all soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment