Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Another "At Long Last"!

We seem to be completing a lot of long-term projects around here lately!

(Dude, you're stretching the definition of "project" to the breaking point, ya know?)

For about a month now, Miri has been getting slowly but increasingly upset over something that y'all might consider a bit silly: she's the only person she knows in her grade who hasn't lost a tooth yet.

Make that, hadn't lost a tooth yet.

She's not worried any more -- because finally, after a bit over three weeks' worth of wiggling, testing, pushing, and worrying over a loose baby tooth, she finally achieved that oh-so-wanted "hometown goalie" look.


She was so happy about it that we let her pick a place for a celebratory dinner out. (An added bonus was that, unbeknownst to us, the restaurant just happened to have a $5 off special on BBQ ribs that night, so Mom & I happily pigged out on a full rack each).

After checking to make sure the right tooth had come out, it took AJ all of maybe 15 seconds to realize that it was the same tooth that we officially dubbed "first" when all the Pipsqueak's chompers began to appear... So that's one more childhood milestone now past, albeit a bit later than expected.

But right now I have to get back to my Medical Terminology textbook, I'll post again in a few days... Y'all stay warm out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment