Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Sunday, July 8, 2018

She Did It Again!

Just a quick extra bit of kvelling for y'all.... The Pipsqueak closed out 3rd grade (yikes!) with her second consecutive straight-A report card!  There's a lot of hard work behind that (some of it not terribly happy), so we're all really proud of her. She also auditioned for, and was accepted onto, SBA's competitive dance team, and is going to be placed in her school's advanced math program in 4th grade.  She turned 9 late in June (posts & photos as soon as I get everything re-installed on my laptop), and after several months of counting down to her "...last single-digit birthday" is now surprised to discover that nine doesn't feel all that different from eight.

It's just such an amazing ride, watching the scrawny little near-bald 13-month-old we met eight years ago in China turn into such a cool person. More adventures are on the way, I'm sure! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment