Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Saturday, September 22, 2018

I Gotta Go Back HOW Far...?!?

I was perusing Facebook the other day and took a few minutes out from my usual politically-inspired rants to re-introduce myself in the Rumor Queen group.  One of the other members commented that she used to like reading my blog and I figured it ain't dead yet but that I probably needed to find a way to catch up on more of the past events I'd normally be posting about (and kept promising I'd catch up on).

Since I'm so very good (not!) at paying attention to what I'm supposed to be doing, I sat down to get more of my coursework done a few minutes ago and instead decided to check the stats on this blog.  Thinking back to the RQ exchange, I started digging through to find the last "real" update (a post with photos & an account of an event or performance) and realized that the last time I "caught up" on an actual event or performance was for our trip to see "Beauty and the Beast" -- all the way back in April of 2017.

ARGH!

Okay, here's the deal: I'm still not a big fan of GIMP but I can at least do some basic resizing of photos so they're not multiple megabytes each, so I'm going to start going back in time & adding at least a few photos & videos from the (many!) events & dance performances I've been intending to post here "as soon as everything's working properly again and I have some free time."

(Note to self: time is decidedly not free. Ever.)

Gimme another day or two (there are over 60GB of photos to pick through) and you'll start seeing more old-style illustrated posts here; I'm aiming for at least one every 5-6 days, but I'm making no promises about keeping a standard posting schedule for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for hangin' in so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment