Welcome!

My niece joined the family on July 12th, 2010. This special young lady's mother is my younger sister, which in classic Chinese culture makes me her Jiu Jiu (舅舅) -- thus the title of this blog. Here I intend to semi-regularly post reflections, thoughts, stories, and assorted whathaveyous pertaining to our trip to China, adoption in general, and (mostly) watching my niece grow up. Since the web is a very public place, I will attempt to maintain my family's privacy while telling the story... but I invite you to follow the blog and come along for the adventure!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Having A Wonderful Time... Not... <sigh>

Okay, this one's going to be short.  I have my iPhone working like it's supposed to (with about 2-3 hours' less battery time per day, on a good day). I have the new MacBook Pro working (in between really odd memory-based problems that I'm going to have to get to a Genius Bar to discuss). And I've managed to get Blogger and Safari to work and play with each other again (Safari would only give me a blank screen for 2 days).

So, of course, now I'm sick as a dog with some unspecified cold/virus/flu-ish bug that's been going around at work.  <sigh>

I'll have a real post here agin soon -- really, I will!  In the meantime, might I suggest to all my readers that they look into getting their flu shots soon... and get ready for Tropical Storm Joaquin to make the next week "interesting" in a less-than-wonderful fashion!

I'll "see" y'all soon...!

No comments:

Post a Comment